Monday, February 4, 2008

Disney Birthday



This was for a Disney themed birthday party. I designed the cakes and assembling them was a group effort. Amber and her mom made the actual cake part, Amber and I iced them, I did the fondant and other details, Ambers mom did the pearl border on the Mickey Mouse cake, Amber did the ears and the writing, and Andi (Amber's sister in law) helped with lots of little things too. We got it done right in time for the party and it was probably the quickest I have ever gotten a cake done. I like having a team!

3 comments:

Dana said...

summer- you are frickin amazing! okay- you seriously should be an consider some sort of entrepreneur enterprise with your cake creativity and talent! those are so beautiful!

bobbi jo said...

Summer! It's Bobbi Jo, from Hinson, I found a link to your cake blog on Amber's blog. I had no idea you were so talented! These cakes are amazing! I'd love to come and watch you and maybe learn a little something the next time you bake one- this has been something I've wanted to learn for awhile but have never had the time. The cakes are incredible! Please, let me know if you don't mind having an observer next time! Especially if you're making a fondant cake, I'd love to learn how to make that and how to work with it! Fun!

MillerFam5 said...

Anytime Bobbi Jo. I self taught and it's really not that hard if you have the right tools and a little bit of creativity. I'll let you know next time I'm making a cake (it can get a little crazy though!) I'm thinking maybe I should do a group class or something, I have had a lot of people asking about it lately.